Thursday 28 February 2013

Mid way through ramp up week!

As I am changing roles with work I am spending time between multiple locations (more than normal) so a bit more variety in training this week...well variety in location anyway.

Monday was a usual rest week and as I was in London on Tuesday I went for a 6 mile run in the morning followed by an hour in the gym a the Hilton Docklands.  Yesterday (Wednesday) I needed to do a do a split session so I went for a run in the morning then the completed an hour in the gym at the Gatwick Hilton in the evening, having spent the day in Birmingham before heading down to Gatwick.  I was meant to complete an 8 mile run in the morning, but felt a bit under the weather so eased back to 6 miles.

This morning I was up early and completed a couple of hours in the hotel gym (1.5 hrs CV followed by 30 mins weights).  As I sit here back home I am enjoying a glass of wine, but tomorrow morning will be up early for and 8 mile run followed by an hour on the turbo trainer!

One thing to mention is that yesterday while travelling down to Gatwick I sat on the train and a complete stranger saw my MDS band on my wrist and cracked up a conversation as his business partner previously completed the MDS and on his first attempt came 44th.  Anyway, this chap...Andy Parker, a Vet from Truro (a complete stranger only 20mins before) pulled out his wallet and gave me £20 sponsorship.  This really touched me and reignited my faith in human kindness.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment