Sunday 10 February 2013

The miles are ramping up...

With just over 7 weeks, 6 days and 13 hours to go before the race the excitement is building, as is the  training!

I have not posted for a couple of weeks but the training has been progressing very well...

This week I have been travelling again, so have trained in a few different locations.  Monday was a rest day, then on Tuesday I went for an 8 mile run from the office in Canary Wharf  round the Isle of Dogs, then finished off the workout with a half hour session in the gym.

Wednesday involved an hour and a half in the gym.  This included 30mins on the versa climber which reminded me of a challenge I completed in1998 when I climbed the height of Mt Everest on the Versa Climber in just under 3 hrs 45 mins.  That was a tough challenge!

As I was not going to fit a session in on Friday this week I did 2 back to back sessions bright and early on Thursday with an 11 mile run from the Hilton Hotel in Glasgow down and round Glasgow Green 5 times, followed by an hour and 30mins on the cycle in the gym watching Rambo!  This felt like a really good session and is giving the body the chance to get used to longer training sessions!

On Saturday I upped my running distance to 14 miles with a pack on the back.  I started at the Warwickshire Golf and Country Clb and ran a 10.5 mile road circuit and then completed a lap of the golf course through significant amounts of mud and water...good training for the legs getting used to uneven and soft terrain like the sand!

Today was a couple of hours on the Spin bike with two back to back classes and some!

Overall a very good week and the volume continues to increase next week.

Earlier this week I recieved my race number...779!

As sponsorship is going well and I am not at approx £8,150!  Not far to go to hit my target of £9,500!

No comments:

Post a Comment