Friday 8 March 2013

The four week countdown has started

Four weeks today I will be in Morocco getting used to the temperature and doing the final bits of preparation in advance of setting off on the first of six marathons.

Over the recent weeks in addition to ramping up my of training I have been ordering final bits of kit and testing out the food I am going to take with me on my adventure.  Still not finalised what dried food I am taking, but hope to get this sorted next week.

Training since my last update has consisted of a 16 mile run on Saturday  from the Warwickshire Health Club out to Shrewley, along the canal, and back with a lap of the golf course to finish with.  I am continuing to increase the weight of the pack I am carrying on these runs to ensure my body has adapted to the weight.  On Sunday I did 2 back to back spin classes with cycling in between, again just as a way of adding endurance to the legs.

Monday was a rest day and this week has involved 8 mile run on Tuesday plus 30 min row and 30 mins on the recumbent cycle, 8 mile run on Wednesday with another hour in the gym on a x-trainer and then yesterday (Thursday) saw me complete 2 hours in the gym made up of 1.5hrs split between cycle, x-trainer and walking on a 10-15% incline at 4mph following by some weights.

The body has felt really good throughout these sessions.

Today I ran 9 miles then finished off with 35 mins on the turbo trainer and I will continue to work the legs tonight at a football training session with the u8 Leamington Hibs Shamrocks!

Tomorrow is an 18 mile run, and rather than doing an out and back I plan of just running back from the football match we have in Southam, taking in the canal and a few parks on route...

No comments:

Post a Comment